Wednesday, December 4, 2013

canada {week three}

*If you didn't see my first post about Canada, please click here*

Like I said before, Canada was wonderful.  We did have a sick spell, but it was okay.  We spent a lot of time running to the 'big city' an hour away and getting groceries and Starbucks.  Yummy!  We visited with lots of friends too.  A coffee shop about thirty minutes away is our favorite place to go.  We've made so many friends there.  Mr. Henry & Mrs. Phyllis were so sweet to us.  They invited us over and we absolutely fell in love with them.  Also, Mr. Mike is an older man that we've been writing to this past year that we also met at the coffee shop.  His wife was in the nursing home while we were there, and he was spending all his time with her (which is understandable).  But, he was never at the coffee shop when we went.  Finally, we were able to go to the nursing home and see him.  We even got to meet his wife!  So sweet.  *sidenote.  Mrs. Gladys passed away this past week.  Please keep Mr. Mike in your prayers*

We also went skating!  Us southern girls don't have skating rinks, so it's always a must when we go up there.   We went one time, and had the whole rink to ourselves!  So fun (:  We also enjoyed going to a new pizza place in town with our friends.

I mentioned in my last post about Canada that we went to Delta Beach a long time ago.  This year, we were able to go back and take pics in the same places as before!  It was so cool.  I was four or five when we went there, but I still had some memories coming back.  (:

Our family also takes our Christmas pictures up there, so that's fun...but FREEZING!  lol the day we decided to take them, it was about 20F outside, without the wind, which was blowing about 25mph.  But, we got it done, record speed people.  It only took barely ten minutes.  All of us were pretty motivated (;

Emma got to go to school with one of her friends!  When we asked her how she liked it, she said "It was GREAT!"  I've been to school with one of my friends up there several times, so I kinda passed it on to Emma (;  The last day, we went to visit with our friends, and then headed to Minot, ND, to catch a flight the next morning.  While in the process of packing (Guys reading, you may not understand this, but us girls like to pack a lot of clothes!), I kinda broke my zipper on my rolling bag.  We only do carry ons because of the fees for checking bags.  So, I had to get a new bag in Minot!  It's a bit bigger, but still fits the carry on requirements (:  I also had to bring my violin on the plane.  Daddy took it up with him, but we didn't know for sure when he would start heading home, so I took my baby with me.  hehe

All of our flights went well on the way home.  In Minneapolis, MN, we had about three hours to burn, so Mary & I literally went halfway across the airport to get Starbucks.  We might have a bit of an addiction...lol
All in all, we had a wonderful trip north.  It's our getaway every year, a time to unwind and relax.  I leave half my heart there every time.  But, I am SO happy to be home.  Can't beat Southern weather.  Here we are, December 4th, and it is 75F outside...no white Christmas here!

Enjoy the pics!


Delta Marsh, 2003!  Before Emma was born!
Now!

Delta Marsh

Mr. Henry & Mrs. Phyllis

Mr. Mike

Us and Mrs. Gladys
Us & Mrs. Phyllis (we had so much fun eating pizza with this almost 90 year old precious lady)


Our suburban up there...literally 20 miles long, guys.  Her name is 'Grey Goose'(: 

Skating!

Skating!

Going to a perogy dinner one night!  

Face timing with my grandparents

Emma coming back from school with her friend, Samantha! 
frost one morning!
At the coffee shop with Mr. Henry & Mrs. Phyllis

lighting a floating lantern the last night we were there!


Me driving us south!
Family Christmas Pic!

at the airport!

Minneapolis.  Righhtttt after we ran and got Starbucks (: 



I hope you enjoyed all the pictures!

Merry Christmas!

xoxo
Grace

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cool Grace! You are very pretty, your whole family looks wonderful and so does everyone you visited....and my Dad likes your Suburban! We have two of them.
    Glad you had fun in Canada! I'm a true Canadian and proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'alls family Christmas pic this year is beautiful!! I love how you girls are matching. I want a matching shirt! haha ;) So glad Emma liked her day at public school! I love ice skating but haven't been is years.. so glad you got to go!! Love all the pics you shared!

    ReplyDelete