Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Praying For Your Future Husband

I just finished reading the book "Praying For Your Future Husband" by Robin Jones Gunn (my fav author) and Tricia Goyer.  It was absolutely amazing.  If you haven't read it, go buy it.  It is worth every penny.

I learned so much about praying for my future husband and also for myself.  I grew closer to God through this book.  Throughout each chapter of the book, it has an attribute you focus on to pray for your husband, such as protection, contentment, joy, loyalty & faithfulness.  At the end of each chapter, it has a prayer for both you, and your husband.  I decided to type up these prayers by their attribute, and print them off the remind myself to pray for him.  It is absolutely SO important.  We don't know what our future husbands may be going through.  God can work through us to help our husbands.  I heard a preacher speak at a conference one time, and he said something that has stuck with me.  "What would've happened if you had prayed?"  As Philippians says, pray about everything, and everything to me doesn't exclude my future husband.  Sure, none of us know for sure who we are going to marry at 15 years old.  But, does that mean we can't pray for him?

Thank you so much to Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer for making this book.  Please please check out their books, such as Robin's Christy Miller Series.  My favorite series (:



Love Always, 
Grace 




4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this. It is such a good reminder because it is SO important. So important. I love the glimpse of your letter and I can't wait to write my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post!! The first time I really thought about what it meant to pray for your future husband, it began to strike me how important and meaningful it would be. This sounds like a wonderful book... I am going to put it on my to-read list, I'd love to read it.

    And what a great idea to print them out like you did, to have them in front of you and keep them close. And imagine how meaningful to have those after you get married to look back on!

    I really enjoyed your post, Grace. Hope y'all are having a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!

    ~Jazzmin♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable post. I am so proud of you. I seriously need to read that book! Love you!

    ReplyDelete