Saturday, May 18, 2013

One Year Ago...

One year ago today, I recieved an email from a girl named Melissa.  Here is what she said:

Hi Grace,

First of all, my name is Melissa & i'm 16 years old.  i stumbled on your blog a few days ago & i'm so thankful I did!  i truly think God led me here.  i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.. we are in the same boat!  i felt God calling me to wear skirts all the time a couple of months ago..i thought and prayed about it a lot & it's been about a month since the last time i wore shorts/pants.  i live in a family with 3 other sisters who don't share the same modesty beliefs i do.  it can be hard at times but i just have to remind myself that i dress for God and my future husband :) i'm so happy that you made this decision on your own!  i don't know anyone else who has the same convictions i do..so i'm so glad i found your blog!  i'm here if you need encouragement or just want to chat :)

Your sister in Christ,
Melissa

So, back then, I got emails like this all the time.  But, what was different about this one was that Melissa didn't have anyone who shared her convictions...just like me.  I emailed her back a few days later, and from then on, we have communicated almost every day.  

Melissa is such a special friend in my life.  I have no idea what I would do without her.  We literally have so much in common, it's not even funny.  I remember when I had gotten one of her emails last year when we had just started emailing eachother, I went to my Mom, and I said "Mama!  Melissa is so much like me!!  She understands what I'm going through!  Mom..it's amazing."

Since today of last year, Melissa and I have exchanged cell phone numbers, literally text everyday, skyped a few times, and...*you guys have no idea what a God-thing this is* I might be meeting my best friend next month.  Melissa is graduating from highschool, and I might be able to go a few days after her graduation and hang out for a while.  I am soo looking forward to that day!  

Melissa, you have been an amazing sister this past year.  You've dealt with my ups and downs and I love you so much.  You are a one-in-a-million friend, and I have no idea what I'd do without you.  I hold you in my heart (Phil 1:7)

 ( our one & only picture together the first time we skyped. BUT, that will change next month)

7 comments:

  1. Awwww how sweet! Aren't bloggy friendships the best?

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have this opportunity to have a friend like Melissa!!!! Melissa sounds just wonderful! I'm happy as well that you can meet her soon! My mother and family share the beliefs of modesty, and I'm trying to dress modestly and cute, but I'm very sensitive about people's looks and comments.
    Congrats to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys have that relationship. SO sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. I am soooo happy for you! Like you have no idea. I have a friend just like that and I would do anything just to meet her. <3 I'll keep wishing and praying though that one day we will meet! :)

    Congrats!

    xoxo
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! This is the sweetest blog post ever. I love you so much & I am so thankful that you are not only my best friend but my sister! Our friendship is one-in-a-million & such a God-thing! I can not believe it's been 1 year! <3

    I am so looking forward to the day where we can get a real picture together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa sounds like such a sweet and wonderful person and an amazing friend in Christ! What a wonderful friendship! It's such a blessing when God leads us to find someone who has so much in common with us, especially morals and views.
    I never imagined when I started how blogging could bring friendships, but talking with like-minded girls has been such a blessing. I am so thankful for friends I've found through blogging, like you and your Mom :)

    I hope you get to meet Melissa next month!! How exciting that will be- I'm sure God will see to it that you will get to meet each other. And congratulations to her, finishing high school is such an amazing feeling!

    I hope you are having a good week :)
    Love,
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is truly amazing how God brings people together through blogging and sweet friendships form. Your blog is quite lovely and a beautiful reflection of Jesus in your life. It is a blessing to see your desire to serve Him and love Him with your life - your walk with the Lord is an encouragement for many, young and old :)

    I am so thankful I "stumbled" across your sweet place of sunshine. Have a beautiful day!

    Your Sister in Christ,
    Stephanie
    theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete