Friday, April 19, 2013

details from the trip!

So, since my video won't upload, I'm going to tell you guys all that we did on our trip!

On Wednesday, March 27th, my family and I starting driving to Orlando, Florida, to the Happiest Place On Earth.  That's right.  DISNEY WORLD!  It's about 8 hours from us, but with my Dad driving, around 6 hours (; hehe We got there that night, leaving all of our dogs, chickens, and Aubbie the Cat here at home under my aunt and uncle's care.  We woke up early the next morning to eat breakfast, and catch the shuttle to Magic Kingdom.  We finished eating around 9:00, and went to check when the next shuttle was... NINE FIFTY FIVE..  SERIOUSLY??  We had to wait an hour to catch the shuttle, and then we had to make probably 5 stops at other hotels.  Then, once we got to Epcot (that's the only place the shuttle went), we had to take a tram to Magic Kingdom, and then a bus.  It was 11:00 before we got there!  So crazy!  Even though it was completely packed, we had a lot of fun.  We went on the tea cup ride, Dumbo ride, a space thing (like dumbo, but up in the air), and Barnstormer (a small roller coaster.  Emma got her face painted, and all in all it was a packed, fun day.  (:

The next day, we went to Epcot.  It was not nearly as crowded as Magic Kingdom.  I had so much fun there.  I love visiting all the different countries.  My favorite was probably England, France, or Germany.  When we got there that day, we got Fast Passes for Test Track, but our time wasn't until that night around 7:00.  So, we spent time going through countries, and meeting characters.  My dream came true that day.  When I was five, we went to Disney World.  My favorite princess was/is Snow White, so I stood in line with my Mom for probably an hour waiting to meet her.  Finally, when I got up there (I was the last person, by the way), they took her inside, and she was not going to come out anymore that day.  I was literally HEARTBROKEN.  So, this time, I wanted to meet her!!  We found where she was going to be, and got in line.  We were the 2nd people in line.  I was almost shaking when I went to meet her!  I know, I totally shouldn't have freaked out that much, but I did!  She was so sweet, and SO TALL, which was awesome for me, because it didn't look like I was a giant anymore!  lol That night, we went to get in line for Test Track.  Guys.  That was the MOST amazing ride ever!  So so so so fun!  We enjoyed fireworks that night.  It was beautiful(:

The next day, our last day, we decided to go back to Epcot, and get fast passes for Soarin (a ride that takes you up in the air, where it seems like you are flying!) and Test Track.  When we got there, we went to Soarin first, then tried to get Fast Passes for Test Track.  What we didn't know is that you can only get Fast Passes every two hours!!!  I was so upset, because I really wanted to go on Test Track again.  But, God sent us an angel!  A family of three came up to us, and gave us their fast passes for the time that it was right then!  Mary had gone in the singles line, and my Dad didn't mind waiting outside, so me, Mom, and Emma got to go on it again!  I was so happy!  We met a few more characters that day, and ended our time in Disney well (: I had so much fun, and can't wait to go back!

We flew to Abaco, Bahamas on Easter Sunday (March 31st).  After a short boat ride, we arrived in Hope Town, where we were staying.  The whole trip was so relaxing.  We had NOTHING to do, which was so nice!  We went snorkeling, out in the boat, on the beach, in the pool, into town, and just an overall fun time.  One of my Dad's business customers came with her family for a week while we were there.  We enjoyed going out to dinner with the Jones', and playing cards a few nights (:  I loved going into the small town, and seeing all the little houses.  The water was absolutely gorgeous there, blue and crystal clear.  We stayed there for 12 days, and came home on a Friday.  To get home, we had to take a golf cart, a boat, a taxi, a plane, and then an 8 hour truck ride!  It was a very long day, but I'm so glad to be home!

Heading to Disney!

First Day!

First Day!

First Day, transferring at Epcot to Magic Kingdom

My ticket (:

Main Street USA

The Castle!

Tea Cups!

Rapunzel's Tower

Dumbo Ride!

Me and Mary

Quick Family Pic

Emma with her face paint!

Epcot

The Flower and Garden Festival was going on while we were there.  I loved everything!  Do you see Peter Pan?

Me, Mary, Tigger and Pooh!

I can rock the Mickey Mouse ears (: lol 

So pretty!

Winnie the Pooh, and all his friends (:

Sleeping Beauty 

Cinderella

Belle and Beast

Us girls and Mary Poppins

Morocco 

Lady and the Tramp

Snow White.......


And her 7 Dwarfs

MEETING SNOW WHITE!

AHHHH!!!!

Donald Duck


Test Track!

Fire works that night at Epcot

The Lion King


Test Track

Captain Hook


The Crocodile! 

Me and Belle

Us girls were all matching that day (:

Daisy 

Pluto

Minnie, Mickey, and Goofy

Our plane to the Bahamas

My room(:

Our Backyard (:

Beautiful sunset

Perfect Day!

Friends!

Good Day on the beach


Rock on the road

BEEAACHHHH

The Post Office and Police Station in Hopetown, Abaco 

Hopetown

me in the water

gorgeous skies

fantastic day!

Church in Hopetown

gorgeous day!

Trash that we picked up on the beach.  So sad!


We went to see a lighthouse!

the rock was gorgeous 

d
oh, yes.  Us Mattox girls can WORK the duck face!  lol 

(:

my little sister!  she's so bad!  haha

me!!

you could see the Sea of Abaco, and the Atlantic Ocean at the same time!  beautiful! 

So pretty!

rock on the road


my cute parents and our golf cart (:

beautiful sunrise the last day

God is amazing!

such a great last morning

the sun finally came out!

Us girls heading home on the boat!

heading home!




Hope you enjoyed allll the pictures!  These were all taken from my phone.  If you'd like to see more, please go to this link:
https://plus.google.com/photos/109944330236105453432/albums/5866755723023058593



Love Always,
Grace


7 comments:

  1. Wow!! It was so neat seeing all the photos you posted during your trip, and now reading about all that you and your family did and seeing the pictures at the same time on here was like going on vacation through them!
    What an amazing and memorable trip, y'all look like you had so much fun! Loved all the pics, from meeting Snow White (AWESOME! I would have been shaking too!) to making sand mermaids and reading on the beach (is that the Bible? How relaxing).
    And the Bahamas looks just breathtakingly beautiful.
    It was great to see more amazing photos and hear all about your trip!

    God Bless You and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the Bible that I was reading. So relaxing sitting on the beach and listening to the waves whoosh and God's voice. (:

      Delete
  2. So glad that y'all had a nice time! I loved seeing your Instagram updates during the trip, and these pictures were lovely! I'd love to go to the Bahamas someday. :-) And Disney is always a blast!

    xoxo Miss ALk
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I have never been to Disney World

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the pictures!!
    Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what to say. The beach and your bedroom are amazing! I'm not a fan of Disney World, but I L.O.V.E the beach, the water, the sunsets, the sunrises. Oh, you are more than right, God IS amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I loved the pictures! Sounds like you had fun down here in FL and the Bahamas :)

    ReplyDelete