Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ramblings(:

So, this post has pretty much.... everything in it!  lol  On Friday, we went and picked pink eyed purple hulled peas with my grandparents.  They had about 9 rows in their yard full of peas!  It was crazy!  We had them shelled, and ended up having 2 big paper bags full of peas!  And they are delicious(:

Saturday, we cleaned up our house, and got ready for Hurricane Isaac to come.  We are going to stay where we are, but if it gets bad, then we'll leave.  We got all of the stuff out of our carport, and put in our barn.  We also got about 4 30 packs of water (we like our water!!), 160 paper plates, and a pack of plastic silverware.  We have a generator already connected to our house, so we will have electricity.  But, our pump house with all our water is not connected to that, so we will be without water if the power goes out.

Today, we went to the beach.....ahhh!!!  My family and I haven't been all summer, so it was amazing!  The water was cool, but we still had fun!  After that, we had to run by the grocery store to get a few things.  My sister Emma and I sat in the car while my sister Mary and my Mom ran inside.  We could leave the car on, but I noticed that the battery gauge in our car was low.  So, I turned off the car.  When Mary and my Mom came back and started up the car, of course the battery was dead.  So, after a little bit, somebody came and jumped us off, and we headed home!

Then, late this afternoon, we went to pick peas at my grandparents again to get all the ones that were not ready yet.  As I was finishing up and going back to look and make sure we got all of them, I saw a wasp on one of the pea plants.  *start bunny trail*  I have gotten stung by a wasp 2 times before this, so I know when they will sting, and how excruciatingly bad they hurt.  I've gotten stung on the head, and on the back. *end bunny trail*  I reached to get the pea from the plant, and the wasp stung my pinky finger.  ):  I had put my basket down, and had peas in my hands, and sadly, I dropped all the peas, and starting grabbing my hand, and crying.  ):  Eventually, it stopped COMPLETELY KILLING ME  hurting, and we went home.  But, it got all swollen, and thankfully, it's gone down a bit.



And last, but certainly not least, my favorite song ever!!!  I love the message, and I feel this way a lot.




Have a lovely week!

Your Sister in Christ,
Grace

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace! :)

    Some family members gave us some pink eyed purple holed peas, so we did some shelling of our own a little while back! :)

    I haven't been to the beach since I was about five. :)

    I LOVE the song "Losing"! My mama and I both do. :)

    Praying for you guys' safety!

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! When I see it all written out like this I realize just how much we've had going on. Hopefully things will be slower now-with no more wasps!

    ReplyDelete