Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ballet Magnificat Details

So, I thought I would do a post on the time I had at Ballet Mag.  (:

The first week(and the 2nd) were the hardest for me.  I was very homesick for my family, and I cried often): I was very disappointed in the level I got in, and I didn't really like my hall of girls.  Us girls ranged in ages 11 to 15, so it was a very difficult age group to have.  The spiritual aspect of Ballet Mag was great!  But, I have to say I didn't have very much fun.

The 3rd and 4th weeks were easier than the first two.  No doubt, the whole time I was there, I wanted to go home.  Me and my sister did go together, but we didn't room with each other.  That was hard.  I was in a different dorm, and a different level than she was.  I really only saw her at meals.  She had a GREAT time, because I think she is a real people person, and I'm not.

I had various classes, from Contemporary, to Pointe, to Improv.  Our day started with Technique class.  Then, after that, we came back and had lunch at the cafeteria.  After lunch, we go back to the studios, and have one of the classes listed above.  We then have a break, then variations class.  We then head back to the cafeteria and have dinner before and evening activity and bed.  That was my schedule.

I loved the Creative Worship, and Ballet Magnificat! performances.  They were awesome!!


So, overall, I love what Ballet Magnficat! stands for, but I think four weeks was a little long for me(:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace!

    I'm more of a people person, but I'm really close to my family, so I'm sure I would've gotten homesick, too. That sounds neat, though! I would love to take pointe. :)

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete