Friday, June 8, 2012

Firefighter of the Year 2012

Last night, we went to a very special meeting.  My grandfather was named "Firefighter of the Year 2012" for our county!  Out of 800 firefighters in our county, Popie was chosen!  I am so proud of him.  He has been at a volunteer fire department for 17+ years, and has done numerous things for our community.  He was able to get a 25ft long boat for the department donated to them, he found and rescued a lady who had Alzheimer's disease and had gone missing,too many other things to count, and best of all- he is MY grandpa!

                Me,my sister, my aunt, my cousins, my uncle, my grandpa, my grandma, my sister, and my Mama
                                               Me, Memaw and Popie
                                                               Mary and Popie
                                                Popie and his fellow firemen from his department

                                                        Popie, Firefighter of the Year 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment