Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Past Two Weeks

We have had some really awesome things go on in these past two weeks, and then some really bad things.  First off, there was a lady named Mrs. Jami.  She and my Mom went to college together.  They ended up parting ways and not really talking to each other until my Mom re- connected with her on Facebook.  Mrs. Jami is the one who reached out and invited my Mom to an event, which led her to Christ.  Once they messaged over Facebook, Mrs. Jami told my Mom that she has lung cancer.  Over time, it started to get worse, and worse.
Mrs. Jami died last Sunday, leaving her husband, and three children here on earth, the same ages as me and my sisters.  I never got to meet her, and tell her "Thank you!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  My family would be SO different without you reaching out to my Mom so many years ago."  But, I guess I can look forward to telling her in Heaven. 


On a completely different note, yesterday my cousin Natalie graduated from High school.  I am so proud of her!  Out of all my cousins, I have always been closest to Natalie.  She is such a special influence on my life!  Here are some pictures of the graduation after party. 



From left to right- Me, Mary, Cousin Lauren, Aunt Rettaa, Aunt Melissa, Emma, Natalie(the graduate) and my Mom.



Me and my great Aunt Retta.  I look up to her SO much!




From left to right- Me, Mary, great Aunt Retta, and Emma


The whole family!  From left to right- cousin Brett, Aunt Melissa, Uncle Tony, Uncle Bobby, Aunt Retta, cousin Chad, Mom, cousin Damian, cousin Lauren, Emma, Mary, my 2nd cousin Peter John, Me, my 2nd cousin Robert, PawPaw, and Natalie the graduate!






Today we went to see Disney on Ice 45 minutes away with our friends Blaine, Reide, and Sarah Grace.  It was SO good!  They did Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stich, and Peter Pan!  Everything was so magical, and to think that they are doing it on ice!  I couldn't get all of the pictures to load, but here is this one!


Me and my best friend, Blaine



Have a lovely week!

Your Sister in Christ,
Grace

1 comment:

  1. SO sorry about your mothers friend, I know it must be hard for that family.
    Congrats to your cousin!

    ReplyDelete