Friday, April 13, 2012

My Heart Problem

I might have told y'all this before, but I have a little heart palpitation called SVT- Supra Ventricular Tachycardia.  Believe me, it's not as bad as it sounds.  It is just where my heart beats really fast compared to normal.  There is no threats or anything to it.  It all started when I was about nine years old.  I was at volleyball practice and we were warming up.  All of a sudden, my heart starts beating SUPPPER fast.  My Mama, who was sitting in on the practice is a nurse, and she couldn't count it.  It went on like that for about 2 hours before we went to the ER.  By then, it had slowed down, and I didn't have any symptoms.  Then, they started getting closer together, where I was having an episode once a month, or maybe every few weeks.  We decided to put me on a medication called Atenolol.  It helped a lot, but I really didn't want to be on medicine my whole life, so I started to wean myself off of it.  I had been doing very well- not having an episode since last November or December. But, as I type, I'm having one.  It's not as bad- about 100 beats a minute.  I used to have episodes where it was over 200, but I'm very thankful it has gone down.  The weird thing about this is that I don't do anything!  I can be sitting down and move to another position, and BAM.  There starts an episode.    Typing on here helps me to take my mind off of it for a little while, which calms me down, making my heart slow down.

When I turn 15, I will most likely have to have a surgery, which goes in with a laser, and zaps my heart in the places where it is making me have these episodes.  I inherited this from my Dad.  He has Afib, which is where his heart beats in weird rhythms.  He got to have the procedure about 5 years ago, and has only had a handful of episodes since then.

So, hopefully this little episode will go away soon, and... won't come back!(:

Your Sister in Christ,
Grace

2 comments:

  1. I will defiantly be praying for you! Thats does not sound fun:(


    Love,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete