Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Long Way Home

I often feel that in my dance class, I am... not exactly bullied, but a toned down version of that.  Today, the 'popular' thing was to say "Grace!  Your too far forward" or "Grace!!  Move over a little so that people can see me!".  Personally, I am a very sensitive person, so anything anybody says or does really effects me.  In our dance class, we are really stressed trying to get our dance cleaned up for our Showcase performance in about five weeks.  I am already trying to do everything right, when I have one girl that keeps nagging me for the littlest thing that I do wrong!

On the way home tonight, I was down in the dumps.  Just poor, poor Grace.

Then this song came on our radio:

"He said there's going to be some mountains to climb,
 and some valley's your going to go through.  
But, I had no way of knowing
 just how hard this journey could be,
 because the valley's are deeper
 and the mountains are steeper than I ever would have dreamed.


But I know we're going to make it.  
I know we're going to get there soon. 
 I won't turn back 
even if the whole world says I'm going the wrong way.  


It's just a long way home."


God sord of said "Grace.  This isn't your home.  Don't get down in the dumps about one little thing that bugs you.  I already told you that there ARE going to be mountains and valley's your going to go through.  But, I am there with you the whole time!"


It is so amazing how God brings us to a place of discouragement and sadness, and shows us just how much we do need Him.


We are just taking the long way home(:


Your Sister in Christ,
Grace




 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”


-John 16:33




2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I know EXACTLY how this is.. It's so hard to keep going sometimes, but then God lets you know that it's going to be ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. Momma's want to make it all better, but sometimes we can't. The words to that song fit perfectly in this situation. They were just what I needed to hear (and remember). This is just one more trial. Love you sweet girl!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete