Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good News.....& Bad News

I got my braces tightened today....

OWW!!!!!


I don't think anything can describe what the pain feels like!  Butt, that means I am one step closer to getting them off.

Good News:

We are in the process of sponsoring Mwende, a little girl from Kenya through Compassion International.  At first, my youth group sponsored her.  I eventually had to stop going to youth group, but I thought everything was okay.
My Mama just messaged our youth pastor's wife, and asked if I could still write to her.  She said that the youth group had slacked on the payments, and that they had come to the decision to stop sponsoring her.

I COULD NOT let that happen.  I asked my parents, and now we are going to be sponsoring her every month.  She is so sweet, and I would hate to let anything bad happen to her.

Bad News:

Remember that surgery I told you about here?  Well, that is scheduled for next Thursday.....

I am SOOO nervous!

But, my dentist talked to me today, and said that it is no big deal.  He is going to give me a pill, numb my mouth, and give me laughing gas.  I've never had that before, so hopefully I will just fall asleep!


Please keep me in your prayers for next Thursday.  I know that I am in good hands, but it is still nerve racking.



Your Sister in Christ,
Grace 

1 comment:

  1. I had braces...so I know your pain!! I remember eating soft foods for days and waking up in the middle of the night because of pain! Hope your surgery goes well :)

    ReplyDelete