Sunday, March 18, 2012

Always Looking Out For Us

"Daddy, I really don't know if I can do this."

"Grace, you will be fine.  I will be sitting beside you the whole time, and I will help you if anything goes wrong."


This conversation happened around 3:00 this afternoon when my family was in our boat, headed to a local restaurant.  Usually, my Daddy drives Steve(yes, we named our boat after the Hedge, on "Over the Hedge" *chuckles*), but since I got my boat license, he wants me to have some experience driving boats.  I drive our family's little skift around in the summer time, but Steve is about twice the size, with a very sensitive throttle, and he is just big.  I was SO nervous when my Daddy asked me to drive Steve.  But, he reassured me that I was going to be fine, and that he would help me.


Wouldn't that be nice, if we had someone to reassure us that we were going to be Okay??  Almost like a little walking ,talking "Reassure..er"  (:  Some people think that we don't.  But, I believe that we have an AWESOME God, that reassures us that He WILL take care of us.  It's right there in the Bible.  For example, look at Psalms 46:1-2

"God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.  
So, we will NOT fear when earthquakes come, 
and the mountains  crumble into the sea"

...... That is a pretty good reassurance.  

Take Psalms 18:1-3

"I love you, Lord;
You are my strength.  
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Savior;
my God is my Rock in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me.  
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and He saved me from my enemies."

There are literally HUNDREDS of examples in the Bible of God being there for His children.



                                                      If only we would take the time to look.
He reassures us everyday.


God is amazing,

always looking out for us.  


Your sister in Christ,
Grace


2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous post. What wonderful encouraging words! God is always there for us. :)
    Tane♥
    P.S. I ♥ both your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a couple of weeks ago when my dad took me out driving. I was freaking out! My dad said like the same words to me. (:

    ♥Godsgirlz1♥

    ReplyDelete