Sunday, January 1, 2012

So Many Things...

So many things have happened this year- good and bad. First, we had our bundles of joy- our English Pointer puppies born January 5th, 2011. It has been so much fun to watch them grow, and how they are all so sweet and excellent hunters.

Secondly, my Dad sold his company that he started. He had started it when I was a baby, and owned and kept it running until I was 13. The men from this company approached Daddy, and Daddy eventually sold it to them. So far, everything has gone well!

We also had unexpected deaths this year. One of my Mom's good friend's sister died of a massive heart attack. She was only 35 years old and had five daughters. Before then, my Dad's good employee died of a heart attack-he was only 42.

Us girls went on a road trip this summer to Minnesota. It was so much fun! In all, it was about 2,794 miles that my Mama drove by herself! It took about two days to get there, driving 12 hours a day.

We celebrated a lot of birthdays this year. My dog Flirt turned 14 last June, and she is still very happy, even though she might be a little stiff. My sisters Mary and Emma turned 15 and 8! Time goes by so fast.

I also made the decision to wear skirts and dresses. It took a lot of courage for me to tell my parents that this is what I want to do. The Lord has provided for me in so many ways, with friends that don't look down on me, to finding cheap, good quality skirts.

Last but not least, we had two girls come over on New Year's Eve, and we had tons of fun with them. We stayed up until about 3:30AM, and got up at 9:30. Also, this past year, my New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to drink no caffeine for a year. I achieved that, and last night I had a big bottle of Coca-Cola that I got to drink for the first time since last year. It was a little hard, especially because I LOVE sweet tea, and that is really a staple in the South, and I wasn't able to have any. But, all in all, it was really good for my body to have to caffeine.

One more thing. I have decided to make my verse for this year Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. It always is so comforting to know that even though sorrows might be raining down on you, God sends your blessings through those raindrops, and knowing that He plans everything, and everything is for our good just shows how caring and loving He is.


I hope that you have a wonderful and prosperous year, and God bless you!

In Christ,
Grace

2 comments:

  1. It's been a good year overall, hasn't it? I'm very excited about 2012-especially after today. My verse right now is Heb 12:14. Love you sweet girl. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much happens in a year doesn't it! Think though, all of them were things that God had planned and known about before the world was created.

    ReplyDelete