Friday, September 30, 2011

What's Been Happening Lately......

I know, I haven't blogged in a LONG time! I've been pretty busy! First of all, the trip to Missouri was wonderful, and we listened to almost two audio books along the way! When we got home on Thursday night, we finally walked for more than five minutes! (:

On Saturday, Mary and I auditioned for our studio's ballet company. It was tons of fun! Kathryn Morgan, a soloist from the New York City Ballet came and taught the class for free! But, the sad part is that we didn't make it): I know that there is always next year, but it was still disappointing. I think the main reason why is because Mary and I are SO tall. I'm about 5'7 and Mary is 5'9, and all the other girls in Company are short, so we wouldn't fit in very well. On the bright side, if we did make it to Company, we wouldn't be able to go to Canada this year. I mean, it doesn't look like we would be able to go anyways, but maybe this is a sign from God that we might be able to go(:

Yesterday we went and saw the new movie "Courageous". Hands down, it was the best movie I have ever seen. If you don't walk out moved, than I really don't know what will move you. We saw it with one of our family friends, the Hess's. They have three boys, and Mary and I are good friends with the oldest, Tyler. I felt so bad because Mary and I were both sitting by him, and tears were falling down our face the whole movie, and he just looked at us, like "Woooooowww"! The poor thing is not around girls too much! (:

Now, fast forward to today, we have to go by the library, then the thrift store, and then go to a duck hunt with my Dad, and have a cookout with him there! It's going to be a pretty fun first day of October. Oh, and by the way, it actually feels like fall outside! It's about 75 degrees outside!

In Christ,
Grace

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you've been having a good last couple weeks! :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Grace!
    It sounds like you have been pretty busy! I hope you have a wonderful time in Canada! We (as a family) went and saw Courageious! AHHHH... it was the best movie I have ever seen! I cried almost the whole movie!! It was a great movie and very moving.
    God Bless *Rebekah*

    ReplyDelete