Sunday, August 28, 2011

Purity Ring

For my birthday, I got a purity ring. My Dad and I went to a jewelry store, and looked around, and saw one that we both liked.

A lot of girls get purity rings and say that they are 'pure', but aren't actually willing to go through hard times of abstaining from boys in certain ways. For example, some girls get purity rings and say that they are going to stay pure, but go way too far with kissing and touching. I really don;t think this is how God wants us to be. I am (personally) saving my first kiss for my wedding day. I am excited and praying that God will bring me a man that has done the same thing.

To be pure in our heart, minds, and bodies, is hard. I mean, a lot of our music nowadays is about the stuff we want to save for marriage and there are tons of pictures that pop up on your computer screen that completely catch you by surprise. After that happens to you, it is hard to get it to go away. I mean, from personal experience, it really scars your mind.

Here are some verses about purity:


Psalms 119:9: "How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word

2nd Timothy 2:22: "Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

I have to go!

In Christ,
Grace

5 comments:

  1. Dear Grace,
    What a special gift, and one that you will be able to treasure all your life!
    On my 12th Birthday my Daddy gave me a "Purity Locket" and I treasure it with all my heart. I thank you for sharing your thoughts and I loved the verses you shared :) may the Lord bless you and May you couninue to Grow in Him.
    Blessings,
    ~Kelsie-Anne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be hard, but it will be worth the wait! Even before I was married I (Adam) purchased a purity ring for my future daughter. I cant wait to give it to her (if the Lord wills). I hope that she will not only save her first kiss, but her heart for the one God has for her.

    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    God Bless
    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Grace,
    I have a blog award for you over at my blog, Living for Christ. Come check it out!
    http://imlivingforchrist.blogspot.com/
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    That is a very good birthday gift. I got one when I was 10, but my hands have grown and I would love to get a new one. Also, I am going to do a post on my blog, but some very close friends that go to the church we attend, lost their baby girl Olivia. Our friend, Mrs. Miller was dew in 2 weeks and suddinly, last night they went to the hospital, because Mrs. Miller couldn't feel Olivia move, and they had an ultra sound, and the baby was dead. Please keep the Miller family in your prayers. *Rebeakh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to everybody that commented on this post.

    To Bekah, I am so very sorry about your friends at your church. I will definatly keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete