Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Purity

Purity is something that is near and dear to my heart. I (personally), have struggled with this, and I think everyone really has sometime or another. Just one of the many topics of purity is keeping you mind pure. My Mother has always told me that whatever enters you eyes enters your heart, which is the window to your soul. Our mind has a big impact on our heart. Usually, our mind wants to do something else then our heart and God want us to do. We really have to watch what enters our mind, because it can keep us from turning to God.

God gives us many verses in the Bible to put into our hearts about purity. Here is one that sticks out to me:

Psalms 86:11- "Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to Your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you."

God doesn't want us to keep our love inside. He wants us to show others that, because we love Him, we are trying to keep ourselves pure. Here is a verse:

2nd Corinthians 6:6- We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love.

Now, the writer here is saying that we prove ourselves to be Christians by the things above. That is pretty powerful.




I hope I have said something today that has inspired you to be more like Jesus.

In Christ,
Grace Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hello Grace,
    I have an award for you over at my blog, Living for Christ!
    http://imlivingforchrist.blogspot.com/
    Please come check it out!
    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete